200g pumpkin/butternut squash, cut into bite-size cubes
150g enoki mushrooms (or alternative mushrooms)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp red chilli, diced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee XO Sauce
1 tsp corn flour
5 tbsp water
- Prepare all the vegetables, arrange them in sections
- Steam pumpkin/butternut squash cubes for about 8 minutes or until tender. Keep covered and warm
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pot, sauté the minced garlic until aromatic.
- Add enoki mushrooms, red chilli and pumpkin/butternut squash cubes with sauce mix, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Reduce sauce into a thick juice before serving.
- Serve with rice and complement with another protein-rich dish.
Tip for a Vegetarian Meal:
Substitute the oyster sauce with Lee Kum Kee Vegetarian Stir-fry Sauce! Make it into a balanced meal by serving with Mapo Tofu, a protein rich vegetarian dish, and plain rice. Click here for the recipe and see our instructional video recipe here.
Enoki mushrooms are long thin white mushroom used in East Asian cuisines. They contain antioxidants, and the stalk of the mushroom contains a large quantity of a protein, that helps in the regulation of the immune system.