* SKILL UP! Make Your Own Chinese Pancakes
- 275g of plain flour
- 225(-250)ml of very hot water
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Mix well flour and hot water in a bowl. Add more water if the mixture is dry.
- On a kitchen surface, knead the mixture until smooth (about 8min)
- Return dough to bowl, cover with damp towel and rest for 30min.
- Knead the dough again for 5min, dust with little flour if sticky.
- Roll the dough into 45cm roll with 2.5cm diameter. Cut the roll into 2.5cm pieces (about 18), roll them into balls.
- Take 1 ball, dip it in sesame oil and put this dough ball on top of another ball. Roll out the double-ball into 1 round pancake, then separate 2 layers. Double-rolling will help to preserve the moisture of pancakes.
- Dry-fry all pancakes over a very low heat on both sides.
- Enjoy them with your Aromatic Crispy Duck! Freeze any extra pancakes for the next time, reheat by steaming rather than baking to prevent drying out*.
** Recipe by OBE Ken Hom