300g chicken breast or thigh meat, cut into bite-size pieces
3 celery sticks, sliced
½ carrot, sliced
2 spring onions, sliced
2 slices ginger, finely chopped
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
5 tbsp water
½ tsp corn starch
- Cut the chicken into bite-size cubes. Marinate the chicken with marinade, set aside for 10 minutes.
- Cut the vegetables: slice the celery and spring onion into halves, the half carrot into slices, finely chop the ginger.
- Heat up your wok to medium high heat, and add the oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until done.
- Add in the celery, carrot, ginger, spring onion. Stir-fryfor few minutes. Add the sauce mix and spring onion and stir well.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles to make it a balanced meal.
Replace 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce in the Sauce mix with 1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce for a sweeter,tangy taste!
* SKILL UP -De-bone the chicken thighs yourself!
Using chicken breast fillets is convenient and the healthier option for chicken stir-fries, however, buying chicken thighs can be more economical, the juicier meat can add a small twist to your dish. See the video how to de-bone!
- With your hands, peel the skin off the chicken thigh. Then, using a knife, trim the excess fat off the meat.
- Turn the thigh rough side face up. Locate the bone, hold the chicken stable with one hand. With the knife, make an incision and score a line through the meat along the length of the bone.
- Gradually expose the bone by carefully making small cuts around the bone - try cause minimal damage to the meat. Then, grab one end of the bone and in short flicks scrape the meat off the bone.