- 2 hairy gourd (~500g)
- 2 Chinese mushrooms, rehydrated
- 150g minced pork/alternative
- 1 heaped tbsp of corn starch for dusting
- finely sliced red chillies and/or spring onion greens for garnish
- 1.5 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
- 0.5 tsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 0.5 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp water
- white pepper to taste
- 2.5 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 125ml water
- Peel the gourd, cut into 1 inch rounds (~10 in total)
- Remove seeds and pulp, set aside.
- Mix mince with marinade ingredients and stir until sticky.
- Finely dice the Chinese mushrooms and add to the mince mix, divide into 10 portions.
- Dust the inside of hairy gourd with corn starch, stuff with mince.
- Arrange the stuffed hairy gourd rounds on a plate
- Place the plate into a steaming rack in the wok with boiling water. Cover with a lid and steam for ~22min/until done. Pour away the excess juices.
- Alternatively use a modern steamer or steam in a makeshift steamer (for example in a colander in a large saucepan with a lid)
- Mix together the sauce ingredients and bring to boil. Pour over hairy gourd and garnish. Serve immediately.